Hey all,
John has the kids this weekend and so I got to run my 3k...well it was more of a run then walk then run. I was excited and very apprehensive at the start because I didn't want to be the only one that wasn't going to be running, even though there were parents with small children who wouldn't be running the whole time either. So my friend Rachel said that it was ok for me to start out my time running and then go to a walk. I was so excitied because I made it farther then I had expected I would in my first 5 minutes. Then when I got to the watering hole I didn't think that I had gone far enough, (I was supposed to turn around and go back), so I went farther down the trail. Needless to say I went farther then I should have and Rachel, who ran the 8k, passed me, took first place and then came back for me and made me run the remainder of the trail that I had left so that I could pass the finish line. It was a great feeling to pass the finish line, even though I screwed it up and went farther then I should have. If I would have trusted the rest of the 3k runners/walkers and turned around when I should have then I probably would have been more apt to running then walking. OH Well...still I had a great time and it was really inspiring to see rachel walk away with her first place plaque. Someday it will be me...
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment