Hey all,
I did it! I registered and ran/walked my first 5K! I was late getting to the race and had to keep up with the truck that was pulling up the cones however I caught up to the rest of the group in about 12 minutes! I was so excited about that! My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes, (which would be a 15 minute mile running and walking.) I was slowed up a bit by a young girl who was crying because she was afraid of dogs. I walked with her until we passed the dogs and then I started to run/walk again at my faster pace. I was feeling tired and dehydrated but by the time I hit the watering hole and turned the corner for the last 1/2 mile I was feeling much better. I decided to run the last 1/2 mile giving myself markers, (points at which I can stop if I feel I need to.) and I wound up running all the way to the finish line! Whooohooo! My time was 44:58, just under 45minutes. It would have been less if I didn't slow to help that frightened little girl but I felt great about doing that and finishing in under 45 minutes! The next 5k race is the "Race for the Cure" scheduled on 10/27/07. My goal for that one is to beat my current goal of 44:58 and finish in 40 minutes or less.
On the homefront John and Travis survived the trip to AL and the final move! Travis got to visit with Stacey and Connie and Joe for a few hours and Stacey was so excited that she called to say they had a great time together and that they really missed us! We miss having our closest friends right up the block from us too but I promise we will be visiting them soon!
Zachary and I stayed home together and we had a great time! He is starting to talk more and he even picked out his own outfit on friday! John has him drving the cadillac around at his house too! I haven't seen that yet but I bet it is a riot! He even comes into the bathroom and sits on his potty when I go in to use the bathroom...potty training is getting close!
I am doing well in my french class. I am pulling an A so far but I have a killer quiz coming up this monday that I need to really study for. I have been trying all week to review but I have a head cold that is kicking my butt. I am finding it hard to reatain the information that I am reviewing. I am getting over it little by little however I feel it might not be enough by the time the quiz happens on monday. I have to say though, it is really fun knowing that I can converse with someone, as basic as my vocabulary is, in French. I have even enrolled in an after school class french class to help me with becoming more confident in speaking the language. I never really get the opportunity to speak the language outside of the classroom so I am hoping the extra class will help me with that.
That's all for today folks....
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good luck with the potty training! we are going to be starting that in about another week once vacation is over and we are done with whatever crazy stuff we come up with for that week.
i'm NOT looking forward to it (the potty training that is) :)
Congrats again on the 5K! Quite the accomplishment!
Post a Comment