Hey all! Sorry I haven't written in a while! With john out of town and me with the kids over the long weekend it was really tough to get a workout in let alone a new blog. we had fun though! We went to a local park almost everyday where there is a walking trail around a lake filled with ducks and geese. Travis rode his scooter for an hour and Zachary and I played on the monkey bars and swings and chased ducks and geese! At one point Zachary got too close to the lake and actually went thigh deep in the mud. I went calf deep trying to pull him out. We both needed a new pair of shoes after that incident. Travis is getting so good at riding his scooter. I let him go around the lake by himself and he likes to stop and talk to the other kids that are there. Zachary is a bit too small for the walk so we stay behind but always with a careful eye on travis. He is like the mayor of Germantown, always out and about meeting and greeting people, usually talking smack but always polite and friendly and with good intentions.
I have been working out at Fitness Together for about 6 weeks now and I had my fitness assement this past wednesday. I have lost a total of 8lbs of fat but gained 3lbs of muscle. I also lost a total of 6 1/2 inches spread out throughout various parts of my body. It was a good assesment however, I was disappointed with the weight loss. I was getting upset b.c the scale wasn't really moving. So I decided that my eating habits needed to change and I needed to start to bump up my workouts to the next level. I still have my goal of running a 5k by february. So, this past week I have been concentrating on making my cardio workouts as productive as possible. That meant keeping my heart rate up in the "high intensity" zone for at least 15-20 minutes, (I work out 35-45 minutes a day.) The only problem is that with the added intensity of my workouts I have been more hungry and therefore been eating more crap! It is a horrible circle but yet another obstacle i need to overcome. As I say, it is a work in progress where babysteps are needed more then huge strides at this time.
I am doing well in my French class! I had forgotten how time consuming homework can really be! I spent most of last week preparing for my quiz on friday. I think I did well. I also signed up to take a sign language class in October. I am excited about that too!
Travis is doing much better in school. He needed some time to adjust to the new routine and teachers but we are getting there. He has become quite the little artist drawing mainly very colorful roadways and backyards with pools. He is starting to draw more landscape pictures too. I signed him up for an art class that hopefully will hone in on his budding talent and really allow him to run with it. We may have another Picasso or Monet on our hands!
Zacary loves his full-time daycare class. They do all sorts of things that he just absolutely enjoys. In the morning he jumps out of my arms and runs right to the toys and just starts playing. He doesn;t even turn around to say good bye! He has learned how to jump, which is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. He is babbling so much that it won't be long before he is talking full sentences. I will miss the baby talk though. He and I get into arguements about stuff and I say no and he aruges with me in his babytalk. I can;t help but laugh. He is just a joy to have around.
I just walked with my friend Cami for an hour in the rain and I am tired. I am going to take a nap before the boys get home from their dad's.
That's it for this week!
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was soggy, but fun! By the end, we had become waterlogged and silly. If ever we doubted our commitment, this morning was proof that we're on the right track.
you are doing awesome!! you go girl! we miss you here!
Finally I get to know about you all!
I am so glad to know you are doing a lot of fun things.
Keep up with the workout. I know we sometimes get disspointed when we don't see inmmediate results. But it will pay in the long run. Never give up!
Post a Comment