Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Race Day! 5k Race for the cure...




Hey All! Race day was so much fun! We started the day by meeting at the gym at 6:45am. Rachael and Ashley had breakfast for us and we all took our turns warming up. we walked over around 7:30am to get our numbers and our tags that kept our official time. We were in our bright green shirts that said save the TaTa's! I was told that we were all on the news that night because we were at the front of the starting line! Rachael won 2nd place, overall, and won a $200.00 prize! she finished in 19:34 only :14 behind the winner! Congratulations Rachael!

I finished the race in 39minutes and 35 seconds! Well under my original 45minutes goal from the last race and under my personal goal of 40 minutes. I started the race running, very slowly, and made it farther then I thought I would. It felt as though everyone was passing me but I stayed focused and just made sure I kept up with the group. I stopped in one minute intervals when I needed to and increased the interval time to 2 minutes as the race wore on. Toward the end of the course I had a little set back as the final 2 or 3 tenths of a mile was all up hill. I almost died when I turned the corner and couldn't see the finishline but I stayed focused and ran/walked the rest of the way in, making sure to run over the finish line. That is the greatest feeling in the world! Anyway, my team from Fitenss Together was there to cheer me on as I crossed the finish line!

2 comments:

Gini said...

you go girl!! you look GREAT!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations, Fran! I was sorry not to be there, but I never look a gift-vacation in the mouth. :)